We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This is our meal plan for the week of February 3 – February 9, 2018.
We are currently working on reducing our grocery spending as a whole by cutting back ($100-$140) a month in hopes we can apply that money towards building our 3 month emergency fund.
(Update: We succeeded in funding our 3 month emergency fund and we are now feverishly adding to our house fund)
Currently, we budget $700 a month for a family of 5 which includes 2 adults and 3 children (8,6,2) living in California. The $700 is not entirely food we do factor in any household/toiletry items into that as well.
A few of my favorites to save you some money ♥
- Saturday Chik-Fil-A Chicken Nugget Copy Cat Recipe
- Sunday Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas w/Mexican Rice & Pinto Beans
- Monday Taco Soup
- Tuesday Crispy Chicken BLT Salads (Using the leftover chicken from Saturday’s dinner)
- Wednesday Orange Chicken w/Rice and Broccoli
- Thursday Breakfast Burritos
- Friday Homemade Pizza
The Grocery List & Prices
I’ve included my grocery list with the totals of each item being in bold on the right. Please note the totals include all quantities purchased as well as any coupons used for that item.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (2 3lb packages) $17.94
- Vegetable Oil 48 oz $3.99
- Yellow Onion (2) $1.48
- Bell Pepper Green $1.40
- Bell Pepper Red (2) $3.40
- Bell Pepper Yellow $1.70
- Roma Tomatoes (6) $1.20 ***$0.25 Cash back on any brand tomatoes with Ibotta!
- Jalapeno (2) $.20
- Flour Tortilla’s Fajita Size 20 ct. $1.67
- Chicken Broth 14.5 oz $1.00
- Tomato Sauce 8 oz $.60
- Taco Seasoning (2) $1.78
- Pinto Beans 15 oz (3) $2.70
- Ground Beef 10 lbs $9.90
- Kidney Beans 15 oz $.90
- Black Beans 15 oz $.90
- Diced Green Chiles 4 oz $1.09
- Salsa 16 oz $1.79
- Enchilada Sauce 10 oz $1.09
- Chicken Broth 32 oz $2.50
- Mozzarella Shredded Cheese 8 oz $1.99 ***$0.25 Cash back on Sargento Or Kraft shredded cheese with Ibotta!
- Colby Jack Shredded Cheese 8 oz $1.99
- Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese 8 oz $1.99
- Tortilla Chips 12 oz $1.42
- Mayonnaise 30 oz (2) $3.46
- Croutons 5 oz $2.00 ***$0.25 Cash back on croutons with Ibotta!
- Ranch 24 oz $2.99
- Broccoli $1.79
- Orange Juice 59 oz $2.49
- Lemon Juice 15 oz $2.00
- Green Onion $1.49
- Pizza Sauce $2.19
- Apple Juice 64 oz (2) $3.10
- Bacon 16 oz $4.99 ***$0.25 Cash back on Wright bacon or $0.60 cash back on Butterball turkey bacon with Ibotta!
- Bottled Water 24 pack $.99
- Organic Bananas 4.1 lbs $3.24
- Cheerios 12.25 oz (3) $1.97 ***$0.25 Cash back on Cheerios + $0.25 cash back any brand cereal with Ibotta!
- Bread (2) $4.00
This week ended up not being too bad. It helped that I found an insane deal on ground beef. You definitely can’t pass up .99/lb when you see it. The beef alone will get me through the next 3 months for sure. So far so good for the month of February I’m excited to see where the rest of the month takes us.
Want To Remember This? Share This To Your Favorite Pinterest Board!