We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Weekly Meal Plan Family Of 5 Under $100!
This is the weekly meal plan from January 27 – February 02 2018.
This week I tried to choose meals with things I already have on hand hoping that we could keep our grocery bill under $100. We are currently working on reducing our grocery spending as a whole by cutting back ($100-$140) a month in hopes we can apply that money towards building our 3 month emergency fund. Currently we budget $700 a month for a family of 5 which include 2 adults and 3 children (8,6,2) living in California. The $700 is not entirely food we do factor in any household/toiletry items into that as well.
Looking For More Meal Plans? Check Out These!
- $50 Weekly Meal Plan For Family Of 5 Using Leftovers
- $100 Kid Friendly Weekly Meal Plan For Family of 5
- Saturday Take Out
- Sunday Lasagna Soup (I’ve made this a few times before and this recipe is amazing)
- Monday Kielbasa, Peppers and Potato Hash
- Tuesday Bang Bang Chicken w/mashed potatoes and veggies (Another must try!)
- Wednesday Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
- Thursday Leftover night
- Friday Homemade Pizza
The Grocery List & Prices
Please note the totals to the right include all quantities purchased as well as any coupons used for that item.
- Annie’s Fruit Snacks ($1.99)
- Gallon Milk ($2.38)
- Onion ($1.27)
- Chopped Garlic (Jarred) ($2.99)
- Chicken Broth 32 oz x2 ($3.12)
- Crushed Tomatoes 15 oz ($.78)
- Tomato Paste ($.89)
- Dried Parsley ($2.75)
- Mozzarella Cheese 8 oz x2 ($3.98)
- Butter 16 oz ($3.39)
- Turkey Kielbasa ($3.00)
- Red Bell Pepper ($.96)
- Boneless Skinless Chicken 3lb ($8.97)
- Mayonaise 30 oz ($3.99)
- Country Gravy ($1.70)
- Enchilada Sauce 10 oz ($1.09)
- Black Beans 15 oz ($.79)
- Canned Corn 15 oz ($.69)
- Diced Green Chiles 4 oz ($1.09)
- Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz ($.78)
- Chicken Broth 14.5 oz ($1.45)
- Cilantro ($.50)
- Wholly Guacamole ($2.99)
- Tortilla Chips ($2.00)
- Bananas 4 lbs ($3.16)
- Clementines 8 lbs ($8.02)
- Gallon Water x6 ($4.74)
- Apple Juice x2 ($3.04)
- Bread x2 ($4.00)
- Honey Nut Cheerios x3 ($1.97)
- Oatmeal x2 ($3.20)
- Apple Sauce Cups x2 ($3.00)
- String Cheese ($2.49)
- Go Gurt ($1.49)
- Diapers (We are in the process of potty training) ($4.99)
- Cheez It Crackers x3 ($2.44)
I’m quite pleased that I was able to keep everything this week under $100.00. I’m assuming there may be a few things that we might run out of where I need to do a mid week trip but all in all this is a HUGE improvement to our grocery budget and I’m excited to see the savings in return.
Want To Remember This? Share It To Your Favorite Pinterest Board!