We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Nothing sends a meal plan right out the window quite like getting a last minute phone call that someone you haven’t seen in years is coming to town. Not only was this person coming to town but they were coming to our house for dinner.
As much as I love having company it isn’t always easy to feed extra people on a budget especially if you are looking to make something impressive.
That’s why this week’s meal plan is super company friendly. These affordable meals are easy to recreate in a pinch without skimping on taste.
As an added bonus I decided to include breakfast, lunch and dinner options for the week because i’m a mama who loves meal inspiration and thought you would too!
One of the BEST ways i’ve found to reduce my grocery spending is by utilizing ibotta for the things I had already planned on buying for the week. It’s completely free to download AND they give you $5! I have found that using ibotta has been a far better use of my time rather than searching for coupons. I’m always shocked to see how fast I end up accumulating cash and in 6 months I was able to save a whopping $400. For something that takes little effort I say thats a win!
***Update**** Right now for a limited time ibotta is offering a $20 welcome bonus for new sign ups! $20!!!! If you’ve never tried ibotta before and you want to save money on your grocery purchases and more now is the time to try it out!
Dinner Recipes This Week
Does meal planning make you want to pull your hair out? Check out these tips to help save your sanity!
- Mississippi Roast w/Mashed Potatoes & Veggie (This recipe requires an instant pot)
- Leftover Mississippi Roast Sliders w/Homemade Fries & Veggie
- 8 Can Crazy Soup w/ Cornbread (this cornbread is THE BEST homemade one i’ve ever tried)
- Mongolian Chicken w/Rice & Broccoli (The recipe is actually for Mongolian beef but I use chicken instead & it still turns out AMAZING!)
- Sweet & Sour Chicken w/Rice & Broccoli
- Oatmeal w/ Toast & Fruit
- Cheerios w/Toast & Fruit
- Eggs w/Toast & Fruit
I have 2 school aged kids (1st & 4th grade) and a 3 year old who is home with me all day. The boys can be pretty picky at times and dislike sandwiches for the most part which can be difficult to pack for let me tell you.
To keep costs down I will usually pick 1 or 2 options every week depending what is on sale.
This week they brought
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagels w/cream cheese, Grapes, Apple Sauce, Juice Box
My husband, myself & my 3 year old (yes even my little one) ate leftovers for lunch every day which is typical for our family at least during the week.
I decided to throw in our snack options for the week in case you are needing some ideas. Snacks typically change week to week depending on sales.
- Yogurt Drinks
- String Cheese
- Bagged Popcorn
- Belvita Biscuits (only because there was a crazy good deal)
Grocery List & Cost Breakdown
Please note some items purchased will roll over to future weeks. Depending on your location and what you have on hand you could make these recipes for less.
Looking for more ways to save more money on groceries? Check this out!
- Dino Nuggets FREE w/grocery delivery this week
- Special K Cereal $1.90
- Paper Plates $2.24
- 4 boxes of Belvita Biscuits $5.16 for all 4 thanks to a B1G1
- Best Foods Mayo $3.66
- Pepperochini $2.69
- Ketchup $1.99
- BBQ Sauce $1.99
- 2 pks Yogurt Drinks $3.74 for both
- Cream Cheese $2.69
- Bread $1.85
- Goldfish Crackers FREE w/grocery delivery this week
- Chuck Pot Roast $15.15
- Frozen Bell Pepper Strips $2.89
- 2 pks Motts Juice Boxes $6.00 for both
- 2 (3.5 lb) pks Chicken Breast $20.93 for both
- 2 boxes of Cheez-Its $5.69 for both
- Minestrone Soup $2.50
- Shredded Cheese $2.64
- 2 pks Cinnamon Raisin Bagels $5.00 for both
- String Cheese $2.99
- Milk $3.79
- Canned Tomatoes $1.25
- Canned Pinto Beans $1.00
- 5 lb Bagged Potatoes $3.39
- Club Crackers $.50 after a grocery delivery coupon
- Rotel $1.25
- 4 pk ranch mix $5.69
- 5 lb bag Calrose Rice $4.99
- 2 pk Au Jus Gravy $1.30 for both
- 2 boxes Honey Nut Cheerios $3.76 for both
- Tropicana Orange Juice $5.00
- 2 bags lightly salted popcorn $3.32 for both
- Family pack Kings Hawaiian Rolls $3.99
- Quaker Oatmeal $1.50
Total: $120.83 after an additional $11.60 in $ off basket promotional discounts
Want To Remember This Or Share With A Friend? Save It To Your Favorite Pinterest Board!